The true story of pilot Lt. Howard Snyder and the crew of the B-17 Susan Ruth
Belgium....February 9, 1944....Shot Down....
For the first time, the full and complete story of the B-17 Flying Fortress Susan Ruth is shared in unbelievable detail. Author Steve Snyder's story of his father Lt. Howard Snyder, and the Susan Ruth crew, provides in-depth details about many aspects of World War II few understand or know about including the:
- separation for young familes as men went off to war,
- training before heading to foreign soil,
- military combat operations,
- German atrocities toward captured crew and civilians,
- underground and resistance and what Lt. Snyder did when he joined it,
- as well as behind the scene stories of the Belgium civilians who risked all to save American flyers who were in the air one moment, spiraling down in flames the next.
Written by Steve Snyder